On This Page
Trustly Online Casinos
Top 3 Casinos that offer Trustly:
With the exponential growth of the iGaming industry, as well as the number of operators and casino brands, hardly any introduction is necessary when addressing the major aspects of the business. Casino and other gambling enthusiasts predominantly focus on the game variety and bonuses and promotion availability for a pleasant gameplay experience.
In recent times…
… the expanse of legal regulations for online gambling accessibility has called for a shift in focus. Nowadays, operators are just as concerned with the mechanics of the service as they are with the gameplay offering:
- Site languages
- Platform interactivity
- Device compatibility
The latter, specifically, is in charge of handling players’ personal funds, their secure transactions and the winnings accumulated through gameplay. In this regard, Trustly has established itself as a renowned instance of such banking services, facilitating payments for online platforms beyond the iGaming sphere.
The payment service Trustly is owned and operated by Trustly Group AB, a financial services corporation with initial headquarters in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. The company started functioning and servicing its target user pool back in 2008, and swiftly grew in proportions and traffic.
From 1 million transactions per year,…
…the company increased user traffic up to nearly 2 million transactions per month. This was the result of hard work and constant efforts to make their service suitable and accessible at new territories.
… online players and remaining e-commerce buyers alike are able to enjoy the perks of this payment processing service all over the EU and the EEA. More precisely, the service has been made available in 20+ European countries, among which are:
- United Kingdom
Trustly Payment Method Fees and Facts
Users from any of the listed or remaining countries eligible for the service can enjoy prime online payment processing. Since its early beginnings, the company has been verified by the Swedish FSA (Financial Supervisory Authority) in charge of regulating the banking and financial institutions business sphere. Nowadays, its reputation and proven trustworthiness precede it and guarantee further growth and development.
… is one product in the brand, looking to facilitate payments in the sphere of online gaming, with an emphasis on the video gaming industry across all its platforms. It allows users to enjoy the same speed and reliability of transaction processing characteristic for the Trustly service, only in a more dedicated format.
Thus, aside from paying or withdrawing their winnings, users are able to:
- pay subscriptions more easily
- prepare for new releases
- and perform in-game purchases safely and seamlessly
The Pay N Play service is the latest release by Trustly, dedicated to catering to the iGaming industry. With a focus on casinos and similar gambling sites, it is bound to revolve around deposits and withdrawal operations mostly. Fundamentally, it runs much like the umbrella service Trustly, only with deeper and more intuitive integration capabilities for iGaming platforms.
Rewards & Recognitions
The company has won numerous renowned awards and recognitions since its establishment, proving its success and user satisfaction. Back in 2011, they were titled as a Rising Star company by Deloitte due to reaching the status of Sweden’s second fastest developing company. They received the same reward next year, only as the third-fastest growing payment service provider.
What is more, they won the CIT Golden Card Award in 2014 for the level of innovation they introduced with this payment model. In 2015 and 2016, Trustly gained further recognition by Fintech, for revolutionizing the financial sector and ranking among the Top 3 Payment Methods, respectively.
As an Online Casino Payment Method
Initially, it was created to help facilitate e-commerce transactions across a wide and varied selection of industries. Once reaching the status of an established brand, the company identified a few key markets and dedicated certain segments of its services to provide specialized payment processing services. One such industry was the sphere of online gaming, with an accent on iGaming gambling entertainment platforms.
How Does it Work?
Online casino transactions are safe, secure and instant, making it one of the top desirable options at any gambling website Cashier page. They are performed through three simple steps that require minimum effort on the players’ part, in order to create a fully satisfactory player experience.
All you need to do to process a casino payment using Trustly is:
- Choose your specific bank;
- Input your desired transaction amount at the familiar online banking service;
- Confirm the transaction.
The three simple steps provided above will serve online casino players for both deposits and withdrawals at their chosen gambling destination. Deposits are generally instant, both in terms of Trustly and the online casino request processing times.
All players need to do…
… is enter their chosen casino and go to the Cashier/ Banking section. Choosing Trustly will usually redirect them straight to the selection of banks in their country of residence which allows payment processing via this service. Occasionally, players will also need to choose their specific country out of the list of eligible jurisdictions, provided they don’t approve location detection.
This takes them to the chosen bank’s online service, where players can continue the depositing process with the familiar log in, authentication and payment process. Upon confirming the transaction, the funds are immediately visible on the online casino player account, credit for real money gameplay.
Requesting a withdrawal from your online casino account is a fast and secure affair when done via Trustly. Alike deposits, the same three steps cover the process, with players firstly choosing Trustly from the Cashier/Banking online casino page. Upon selecting one of the listed banks as the preferred destination of their fund's withdrawal, all they need to do is log in with the known credentials and input an amount.
… is common for bank transactions, deposits and withdrawals alike. It can differ between banks, as some institutions perform this via tokens, SMS or email messages, or special hardware devices. Either way, after players confirm the transaction request, Trustly will transfer the funds directly into the chosen bank account. Wait time can also vary from one casino operator to another, and normally takes around three days on average to verify a withdrawal request.
Pros of Payments
- Instant Payments – Payment requests via the Trustly processing service are known for their fast and efficient execution. This applies to both deposits and withdrawals, with the latter only slightly influenced by the online casino verification process.
- High-end Encryption – The Trustly payment processing service has been authorized by Sweden’s FSA, the same body which regulates banking and other financial institutions. The service only achieved this by applying the same 2048-bit encryption protocols to their transaction operations, as used in the aforementioned establishments.
- No Signup Required – Trustly is basically a payments facilitator rather than an actual payment transaction service, as it does not require players to sign up with a separate account. Instead, it conveys and facilitates deposits and withdrawal requests in the background, while players only switch between their casino and banking accounts.
- Service Coverage – So far, this payment method has focused on the European market territory, and included German and Netherlands-oriented platforms among their supported platforms, as well as a number of other sites for EU member-states residents.
- Dedicated Processing – While Trustly was generally established for all e-commerce needs, the development of the service saw it provide dedicated industry-specific processing solutions, Insta Debit and Pay N Play.
- Transaction Fees – Players don’t actually log into a separate service profile. Thus, payment processing is behind the scenes, mediating between their cooperative casino sites and bank establishments alike. Due to this, players can enjoy all the benefits of this payment processor free of charge.
- Bank Statement Mediator – A key advantage for online casino players is Trustly’s appearance on bank statements and reports. Casino enthusiasts using their bank accounts as a direct payment method will see this activity in their regular reports. Consequently, this can influence their financial stability and credibility. When using Trustly, bank statements only include transactions to and from the relevant service, instead of the final online casino destination. In turn, this helps players get better mortgage rates and credit lines due to conscientious banking practices.
Cons of Trustly Online Casino Payments
- Lack of Trustly Casino Bonuses – Most new payment methods are promoted by both the company issuing them and the casinos including them in their Cashier section. For greater traffic, some casino operators tend to design specific, dedicated bonus offers that apply to uses of the particular method. Users are much less likely to encounter such bonuses, but can still benefit from the top casino bonus opportunities at reputable online casino sites.
- Restricted Availability – It has definitely spread its service coverage on the European continent, but still remains a rather restrictive payment method in global terms. Some statements have been made regarding future expanse to the Canadian and other markets, but without any confirmation as of yet.
- Disclosure of Banking Information – A major disadvantage for some online casino players is that, despite using the banking method, they still need to disclose their personal banking information. It helps to know that the service does not store any of this information on their servers and additionally provides a layer of encrypted protection between the casino site and the player’s bank account and funds.
1. Can mobile casino players use Trustly as a payment processing method?
Yes, mobile online casinos also include Trustly as an eligible banking method, provided that their online banking service is optimized for mobile platforms. Players from Scandinavia, alternately, are able to use Trustly through their dedicated Mobile BankID app.
2. Can transactions be reversed, in case I make a mistake during transactions?
Yes, mistakes are a common occurrence when dealing with things such as funds and numbers. For this purpose, players are able to submit a reversal request to the service and wait for the support team to respond with the cancelation of the specific transaction.
3. What are some suitable alternatives to Trustly as casino banking options?
Trustly is one of the newer generations of online payment processing options, more specifically a type of e-wallet. Hence, other services which more or less belong to the same category of online processors, prepaid card services and the likes are its most suitable alternatives. Among them are services such as PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, PaySafeCard, EntroPay, GiroPay, Zimpler and the likes.
4. Does Trustly provide some kind of customer support service?
Yes, the Trustly website provides its users with multiple contact options that allow them to reach suitable customer support service agents. Users can pose inquiries and resolve issues by contacting the support team via phone lines, ready-made online contact forms and directly to their headquarters’ physical address. Alternately, they can try searching the matter through the extensive FAQ knowledgebase available onsite.
5. How far has Trustly gone in payment volume, based on recent assessments?
Since its beginnings back in 2008, Trustly has accumulated quite a user base. According to the most recent assessments presented on the website, the service saw transaction volume pass the €10 billion threshold in processed funds in the second half of 2017.
- PayPal vs. Trustly – Comparing Online Casino Banking Methods
- Skrill vs. Trustly – Comparing Online Casino Banking Methods
- Neteller vs. Trustly – Comparing Online Casino Banking Methods
- ecoPayz vs. Trustly – Comparing Online Casino Banking Methods